Securelinx is an award-winning Enterprise Linux and Open Source solutions supplier based in Dublin, Ireland. We have been at the forefront of Linux adoption since 2002 and today have a broad portfolio that includes hybrid cloud infrastructure, Kubernetes, HPC & AI, management frameworks and storage.
We are currently looking for an engineer to join our established Linux Support team. The team provides expert Linux support capabilities to customers in Ireland, UK and EMEA. Members of this team also work closely with senior engineers on delivery of larger projects.
The team operates a hybrid model, working either from home or from our Harcourt Street office, as well as occasionally with customers at their offices. Opportunities for travel outside Ireland are occasional rather than regular, and are always allocated on a volunteer basis.
The normal work hours for the team are 9:00 to 17:30 Monday to Friday, but the exact hours are flexible to suit the individual circumstances of the team members. The team does not currently operate an on-call or weekend schedule.
- Linux experience is essential, with ideally 2+ years experience working daily with Linux Systems. You should be very comfortable working at the command line, accessing systems over SSH, installing software, checking logs etc.
- Key to this role is an ability to analyse and solve problems with system performance and application functionality. To support this you should have a basic understanding of networks, firewalls, hardware, storage etc.
- Experience working in an environment with ticket systems, defined processes etc.
- 3rd level qualification in computing/science/engineering or equivalent experience.
Beyond this you should have good experience in some of the following areas, and be willing to learn about the others.
- Programming or Scripting: Python, Bash, C/C++ etc.
- Systems Monitoring (Nagios/Gangila/Prometheus etc.)
- Web service administration (Apache, nginx, Tomcat, MySQL etc.)
- Windows System Administration
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management (Ansible, Puppet or Salt)
- Containers (Kubernetes, Docker, Rancher etc.)
For applicants who already have some relevant certifications (RHCE, SCE etc.) this would be a distinct advantage, but not a requirement as we will support new team members in achieving these.
How To Apply?
Apply by sending your CV and short cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not require assistance from agencies at this time.