Securelinx provides its customers with a range of enterprise class Linux solutions. We are the leading SUSE Partner in Ireland and a Red Hat Premier Business Partner. We have a full time dedicated team of certified Linux engineers who build and support Linux infrastructure solutions.
We are currently looking for an engineer to join our Linux systems support team, with a focus on
supporting our HPC customers. The role will involve time spent at both our Deansgrange office
and working directly with Customers at their offices.
The normal work hours are 9:00 to 5:30 Monday-Friday. This role does not involve participation in an on-call rotation.
- Linux experience is essential, ideally 3 to 5 years working daily with Linux Systems. IE
you should be comfortable working at the command line, accessing systems over SSH,
installing software etc.
- Key to this role is an ability to analyse and solve problems with system performance and
application functionality. To support this you should have a solid understanding of
networks, firewalls, hardware, storage etc.
- 3rd level qualification in computing/science/engineering or equivalent experience.
Beyond this you will should have good experience in some of the following areas, and be willing
to learn about the others.
- Linux/Windows System Administration
- Programming or Scripting Python, Perl, Bash, C/C++ etc.
- Systems Monitoring (Nagios/Gangila etc.)
- Network Configuration / Message Passing (Routing, Firewalls, Infiniband, OpenMPI etc.)
- Familiarity with common HPC applications and management tools (Torque, Slurm, Maui,
Moab, PCM, Matlab etc.)
- Manual compilation of software for parallel processing, working with MPI or Intel
- Benchmarking / Performance Analysis (Darshan, etc)
- Experience with software defined storage tools such as Ceph and Gluster.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management (Puppet, Chef, Salt, CFEngine)
As both a SUSE and a Linux Professional Institute Training Partner we place a value on both
training and certification, and support and encourage our employees to develop their skills
through ongoing training and learning.
For applicants who already have some relevant certifications (RHCE, SCE etc.) this would be a distinct advantage, but not a requirement as we will support new team members in achieving
How To Apply?
Apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.