Securelinx provides its customers with a range of enterprise class Linux solutions. We are the leading SUSE Partner in Ireland and a Red Hat Premier Business Partner. We have a full time dedicated team of certified Linux engineers who build and support Linux infrastructure solutions.
We are currently looking for an engineer to join our Linux Systems Support Team. The team is based at our Deansgrange office and handles a wide variety of requests from our diverse customer base. Members of this team also work closely with senior engineers on delivery of larger projects. The normal work hours are 9:00 to 5:30 Monday to Friday.
The responsibilities include
- Providing hands-on day to day technical assistance for customer related Linux issues
- Advocate for excellent customer care among colleagues
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the company’s solution offerings
- Linux experience is essential, ideally at least one year of working daily with Linux Systems. You should be very comfortable working at the command line, accessing systems over SSH, installing software, checking logs etc.
- Key to this role is an ability to analyse and solve problems with system performance and application functionality. To support this you should have a solid understanding of networks, firewalls, hardware, storage etc.
- 3rd level qualification in computing/science/engineering or equivalent experience.
Experience with any of the below would be a bonus but not a requirement.
- Programming or Scripting (Python, Perl, Bash, C/C++ etc.)
- Databases (MySQL etc.)
- Web Applications
- Java application servers (JBoss, Tomcat, Websphere etc.)
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with software defined storage tools such as Ceph and Gluster.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management (Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible)
- Windows System Administration
As both a SUSE and a Linux Professional Institute Training Partner we place a value on both training and certification, and support and encourage our employees to develop their skills through ongoing training and learning. For applicants who already have some relevant certifications (RHCE, SCE etc.) this would be helpful, but not a requirement as we will support new team members in achieving these.
How To Apply?
Apply by sending your CV to email@example.com.